Actisense NGT-1 update for packetlogger

Last week I received a NGT-1-USB that Actisense kindly provided for a trial here in the lab. It is a much more capable device than the Lawicel CANUSB that I have been using so far, as it relieves the burden of the programmer of having to negiotate bus commands. As a drawback its SDK is more complicated -- primarily because it supports multiple Actisense devices. Still, I'm very satisfied and if I can write a Linux driver I'll keep it (and pay for it!)

Anyway, I have now updated the packetlogger so that it can use the Actisense NGT-1 or NGT-1-USB for sniffing NMEA 2000 packets. As the NGT-1 already does fast packet assembly I had to modify my analyzer and support a new packet format for the logger. The analyzer will transparently adapt to the new format. The existing 'canreader.exe' program has been renamed 'lawicel-reader.exe' and a new 'actisense-reader.exe' has been added.

The actisense reader needs to know which virtual COM port the Actisense device is on. To find out which port that is you run actisense-reader without any arguments, like this:
C:\packetlogger> actisense-reader
Usage: actisense-reader <com-port>

<com-port> is an integer from the following list:
3: COM3 - Actisense NGW/NGT NMEA 2000 Gateway (Available)

<baud-rate> is an integer from the following list:
4800 38400 115200 230400 (default is 115200)

If your device still has the original baudrate (115,200) you do no need to provide this as it is the default value.


The work done to support the Actisense NGT-1(-USB) turned out to be most of the work needed to support the logfiles that Airmar's WeatherCaster software can create, so I've added support for those as well. Note that the WeatherCaster software, although not very flexible, is useful even if you do not own a Airmar PB-200. It can show other (wind, speed, GPS) data as well.

Here are the links to the new software and NMEA packet support files:
Oh, and as a final bonus I've located some more PGN numbers, so these are now displayed as well. Most of them seem pretty obscure and I haven't seen them on my network at all. Still, when they come by you will know what the packet name is.