SV "Zest" - a Cape Cutter 19

Spotted here in the Knysna Waterfront,  I cant quite make the name out in this pic (another cellphone pic),  but I am quite sure this is the original Cape Cutter 19 called Zest that lived in HBYC marina, and belonged to my neighbour Prof Owen Crankshaw of Bokkemanskloof. I couldn't think of a nicer boat for the Knysna Lagoon - lifting keel, low mast, traditional look, comfortable accommodation for two, a small 4-stroke outboard in a well, and trailerable if you like. Fish, sail or gunkhole, take your pic. A few nights sleepout with a mini-weber and a good camera . . .

Owen sailed this boat with us from Hout Bay to Cape Town one year (the Waterfront rally). I remember the winds were quite fresh, and I think he was alone. Similarly coming back. He also sailed often to Llandudno and back from Hout Bay. Quite challenging areas to sail in, he never had any problems with this 19' trailer sailer. Definitely my choice of boat when I move to Thesens Island (when I win the Lotto), unless a Cape Henry 21 comes my way.

See http://www.ckdboats.com/capehenry.asp  or http://www.dixdesign.com/ for more info on these beauties!